Top tips ... morning sickness

Unknown // Wednesday 22 August 2012

I gave up coffee when I was trying to get pregnant - I was having IVF - and kept off it all the way through protracted breast feeding.  Unfortunately, to make up for lost time I then went into complete caffeine overload to the point it was making me feel really ill.  Some how - not quite sure how as it was unbelievably awful - I managed 3 months ago to go cold turkey and whoop, whoop have been off it since!

Now, obviously I should just be drinking litres of lovely fresh water just lightly tinged with a slice of freshly cut lemon.  Hmmmm ... am afraid the coffee has actually been replaced with totally yumptious but full of sugar San Pellegrino Aranciata which was also my tipple of choice and favourite solution to morning sickness when I was pregnant.

I was never actually sick when I was pregnant but did feel nauseous all day long- and particularly at tea time - for first 4 months. The worse thing was that I couldn't bear to cook - the smell just made me gag.  I can't remember who recommended San Pellegrino but someone did and it worked for me and was lovely to boot!  But, but, but ... all that sugar!  Luckily my other faves were slightly more healthy: oat cakes, which I am still convinced are the 8th wonder of the world in that they can turn the grumpiest mummy and child into something like human beings; cut lemon, either just whiffed as the smell on its own seemed to help and in fizzy water; a ginger biscuit or oat cake about 30 minutes

I've no idea whether there is any rhyme, reason or science behind any of my favourites but they did work for me and hopefully these or some of the other fab favourites - (big thanks for everyone's suggestions) - in this list of top tips for morning sickness will help you get through it.


**** MORNING SICKNESS LINKY **** And if you've blogged on it or have any great ideas or products that might help do add your links here ...

0 comments