Make Money Blogging

Unknown // Tuesday 3 December 2013


You can make money blogging. Lots of money.

Big names like Six Sisters Stuff and Tip Junkie make six figure sums from their blogs.

But they're in the top 20k web sites in the world!

So what about us lesser mortals who don't get millions of page views a month.

Can we really make decent money from a blog?

And by decent I mean enough to pay the mortgage and the bills so we can stay home with the kids or shift careers?

The answer is yes ...



Moms Are Doing It!


A great example of a blogger earning real money is +Deby Coles who started her blogs So Sew Easy and Moms Make Money just 12 months ago and gets around 150,000 page views a month.

Deby publishes her monthly earnings and in October made over $5k ... most moms blogging would say yes to that ... and I am sure Deby  is not going to stop at $5k!


How Do They Do It?


If you're a big blogger you can make big money out of AdSense or CPM ad networks.

But as a small or medium sized blogger you're never going to make more than a few hundred dollars from AdSense and CPM ad networks won't touch you or will pay ridiculously low rates.

The answer is affiliate networks. Deby Coles makes over 70% of her monthly income from affiliate networks and makes almost 50% from just one affiliate network Share A Sale.


Can I Do It Too?


Well here comes the confession. I don't.

I've grown  my monthly page views from less than 4,000 in November 2012 to to over 130,000 in November 2013 ... well done me! ... but I have been totally bone idle about making any money from all those eyeballs.

I basically just have AdSense and a few old Amazon links so if you compare my revenue for October with Deby's, it's not a pretty sight .... eeeek!!!

But that's all going to change!

Going forward I am going to follow tips from Deby and other big money earning bloggers Ruth Soukup,  Bob Lotich and Darren Rowse and I am going to share every month how I get on so you can learn from both my successes and my mistakes ...


Moms Make Money Mums Make Lists
Share A Sale $2,364.67 ....
Commission Junction $1,593.73 ....
Ad Networks $   411.96 ....
Web Site Sales $   382.31 ....
Ad Sense $   272.82 $   178.91
Direct Ads $   154.82 ....
Other Affiliates $   105.07 ....
e-Book $     89.71 ....
Sponsored $     64.03 ....
Amazon $     56.44 $    23.36
TOTAL $5,495.56 $   202.27



So Where Do I Start?


The biggest lesson I have learnt from blogging is to focus on mastering one thing at a time, so each month I am going to concentrate on one big change.

The first tip I am following this month is to find high value niche affiliates that match my content and as Deby has done so well from Share A Sale and Commission Junction this is where I am starting my efforts.


Why Don't You Join Me?


If you've struggled to make money on your blog, why don't you join me and let's see if we can make money together ...

And if you found this post helpful do follow my blogging board on Pinterest which is crammed full of the tips and advice I have used to grow and manage my blog ...


Follow Mums make lists ... Blogging on Pinterest




And if you're looking for more tips on making money from your blog check out these great posts from other bloggers below ...

More Money Making Tips ...

0 comments