Can I really make the kitchen sparkle everyday?

Unknown // Monday 21 January 2013

Copyright Ann Gordon 2008 Creative Commons Licence
I've now reached week 3 of my domestic dummy makeover and this week I am trying to turn giving the kitchen a super quick clean into a daily habit that I do on auto-pilot with NO excuses!

I wasn't brilliant with last week's daily habit of putting the bins out - my pathetic excuse being the snow! - so this week I must be realistic and not set myself up for something that just won't happen.





In my fantasy world where I am a wonderful mother, always look stylish and immaculate, hold down a demanding job and keep my house pristine and perfect I would daily:
  • Clean table & work tops 
  • Hoover & wash floor
  • Change tea towel & hand towel
  • Thoroughly clean sink with cream cleaner
  • Clean cooker after use

Back on planet earth this ain't gonna' happen, so every day I will just - just! - try, try, try to:
  • Quick wipe table & work tops
  • Sweep up obvious crumbs
  • Spray kitchen sink & quickly wipe down
  • Change tea & hand towels (am paranoid about germs that lurk within!)

To motivate myself to actually do it I will try and remember the big benefits:
  • Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene!
  • Will start the next day less grumpy with self and life
  • Will be able to start job in hand without having to clear up first
  • If crumbs swept up, don't end up all over sitting room floor as well
  • Oh and hygiene, hygiene, hygiene!

I would love to hear about your daily housework routine - the high points and the lowest lows! - so do come and talk to me about them on Twitter and Google+

And if you're looking for some help with cleaning the kitchen, check out these tips on Pinterest.


0 comments