Cleaning the bathroom at speed of light

Unknown // Monday 28 January 2013

Copyright Meemal - Creative Commons
I am now into week 4 of my domestic dummy makeover and this week, the habit I am trying to master is a super quick clean of the bathroom every day.

"Every day!" I hear you shout, but the thing is after one day's use, our bathroom looks more than slightly scuzzy and after two days it's a pit and I have been converted big time to the theory that a quick whizz around daily stops you having to do a big scrub.




When I say "converted big time", I mean I believe that it would work very well if I actually did it! And when I say "quick whizz" I really do mean faster than light fast.  Basically all I will do daily is:
  1. Quickly spray & wipe basin
  2. Squirt cleaner into loo, brush round & flush
  3. Rinse bath out & wipe around bath taps
  4. Spray & wipe mirror if really mucky (i.e. someone has written on it in toothpaste!)

We're talking 2 minutes effort tops - OK 3 if mirror needs doing - so should be NO excuses!

Hmm ... well, I did have a go at this last year and my biggest excuse was not having the right stuff in the bathroom at the very moment I had 2 minutes spare.  So this time I need to make sure the bathroom always contains:
  • Cleaning spray
  • "Usable" cleaning cloths
  • A microfibre glass cleaning cloth
  • A roll of kitchen roll (for quick drying if cleaning before "company" arrives)
  • Rubber gloves 
  • Stash of plastic bags (ensures I actually empty the bin)

My second biggest execuse was always "I'm just so busy, I don't have time!" so also need to keep reminding myself:
  • It is only 2 minutes!
  • Can be done whilst littl'un is in the bath
  • Can be done in no time after cleaning teeth at night
I would love to hear about your tips for keeping the bathroom sparkly in no time at all so do come and tell me about them on Google+ and Twitter.  Or if you're after more tips for both speed and deep cleaning bathrooms check-out this Pinterest board.

Follow Me on Pinterest

I have shared this post at these fab blog parties:

Under the Table and DreamingA Bowlful of LemonsClean and ScentsibleDelightful OrderWe Are That FamilyThe Gunny SackThe Chicken ChickWow Me WednesdayDomesblissity and Not Just a Housewife.

0 comments