Party Planner

Unknown // Friday 18 January 2013

Copyright Sean Freese 2012 Creative Commons

I do love a party and I do love throwing them, but there will always be some moments when I'm trying to juggle a million other things in the run-up or still not ready with 30 minutes to go or trudging through a mound of trash and washing up, that I think never, ever, ever again!

And I am sure there are times when I turn into shouty, crazy lady my family think the same ;-)

I am also sure there are times when my family think I am loopy about my "lists" - timetables, check-lists and heaps of lovely top-tips - but I reckon when you're party planning they are an absolute sanity saver.  If I don't write down all the little things to be juggled, they whiz around in my head at 1 am in the morning or when I am meant to be doing  so many other things.

As we've been  in the party spirit all week following Littl'uns 3rd Birthday Party I've brought all my party planning lists all in one place including:

5 Week Time-table
Simple 1 page overview with a few things to do each week

Check-List
A detailed check-list covering timing, venues, invites, decorations, tableware, games, food & party bags and much more.  Just tick things off as you do them so they're not whizzing around in your brain.

Top-Tips
Over 75 top-tips that I've cadged, begged & borrowed and learnt myself along the way.

Party Games for Under 5s
I think Musical Bumps, What's the time Mr Wolf? and Sleeping Lions are three of our absolute faves but here's a list of over 30 games that are great for under-5s parties plus some all time favourite songs.

Party Activities for 2s and Under
Most 2 year olds aren't really up to games but there's lots of other fun activities they can do together


And now it's your turn - come and talk parties with me on Facebook and Twitter and share your party related posts, pins and pics in the Party Party.

0 comments