10 tips for linky party success

Unknown // Friday 1 March 2013


I'm pretty new to blog parties - I'm pretty new to blogging - but I've found that parties are one of my favourite parts of the blogging week.

I get to discover so many fab new bloggers every week and they get to discover me!

Which adds up to lots of new blogging friends worldwide and lots more visitors for my little blog.

There are hundreds and hundreds of mummy blog parties out there and you could easily spend your whole week linking up, leaving comments and pinning your faves.

So, if you're new to blogging or new to parties, check out this list of over 100 great mommy linky parties and these 10 quick tips on how to make linky parties succesful for you ...

  1. Choose a great pic for your post and brighten it up on Pic Monkey
  2. Give it a catchy title that convinces people they need to read it
  3. Pick parties that really fit your niche 
  4. Find out when party starts and try to get in early - it does make a difference!
  5. Do leave a thank you note for your host - it's just good karma!
  6. Do provide a link back to the party somewhere on your blog 
  7. Comment on posts you love and pin, pin, pin them! Great karma + makes your Pinterest boards super interesting + great pin boards deliver more page views 
  8. Put Pin buttons on your posts so it's really easy for your visitors to pin your post - Jamie from Hands On As We Grow has written a great tutorial on adding Pin buttons
  9. The biggest parties with most page views and links won't necessarily deliver you the most page views. Some smaller parties that really fit my niche deliver me more page views than the biggies because the readers stick around + read lots of my posts
  10. Keep an eye on page views generated by each party and focus on those that give you the best return for your precious time - after a month or so I found that 50% of the parties I visited were delivering 90% of my party referrals!
Having just started my own party - the Friday Baby Shower - for all things pregnancy and new baby, I can now appreciate just how much work is involved.

So to share back a little blogging love to all those amazing party hosts who have helped me grow my blog, I am going to feature one of my favourite each week.  They're not necessarily the biggest but they're incredibly friendly and generous bloggers, I love the new reads I find there every week and they have delivered for me.

First up this week is The Mommy Club.

If you're looking for more blogging tips follow my social media board on Pinterest ...

0 comments