Knee High Boots

Unknown // Tuesday 29 October 2013


My trusty old black knee high boots are finally biting the dust.

The heel is broken, the zip's breaking and the cobbler has refused to even try and mend them

They certainly don't owe me anything as I got them five years ago - for £100 from Jigsaw's sadly demised little sister Kew 159 - and they've been worn to death.

I was hoping they would last out until Christmas and that Santa would bring replacements but I'm in danger of hobbling home in one heel unless I get new ones quick.

So I am planning a trip to the west end - just in time for the fab opening of London's first J Crew store on Regent Street! - and have been looking around for inspiration.

The only problem is I want these boots to do everything! And I mean everything ...

Of course they must go over my jeans and look great with winter dresses but they also must work over my fitted black trousers AND under my winter capris AND with smart dresses when it's just too, too wet and cold for anything but boots ...

... too casual won't work with black trousers and too smart won't survive the beating this hectic mama is going to give them ... dilemmas, dilemmas ...

These are what I've found so far and am loving ... what do you think?

Which should I go for?

And if you've got your own boot love ins do share them at the bottom of this post ...


Great Knee High Boots





I think these super elegant Denise boots from LK Bennett are my absolute faves but at £295 they are just beyond my budget this year and I am not totally sure they would still look elegant after daily wear ...





At the other end of the spectrum this fab Evie Longboot from Hobbs may be too casual and at £199 it's also stretching my budget ...






I reckon these classic Lite Touch from Russell and Bromley really would tick all the boxes but again they are not cheap at £255 ...




I like these great value Paisy ones at John Lewis which are just £55 but they are not leather so not convinced they will totally stand up to the winter wet ...






I think these Templeton boots from Dune could be real contenders - a classic style but look like they could take some hard wear and at £129 much nearer my ideal spend ...





I know these Suspekt boots from Steve Madden for $189.95 don't tick the smart boxes but I do love them a lot :-)




I think Muswell boots from Jigsaw for £179 are definitely contenders but just not sure if they are smart enough ...




These Orinoco Jazz from Clarks for £89 just look so darn comfy - if I was just thinking about everyday wear I think they would definitely be a winner ...




How smart are these gorgeous Licorice Pop boots from Clarks for £140? Will definitely give them a try though not sure they will stand up to an every day beating ...




But Clarks do also have these Mara Vale boots for £130 that look like they could do smart and casual ... hurrah!



If you like this post follow my Mommy Style board on Pinterest ...




More Boot Ideas ...

0 comments