Swimming Costume Mildew

Unknown // Monday 21 October 2013


Mildew on swimming costumes ... how gross is that!?!

But it happens, to the best of us.

In sheer desperation I like to think I've got pretty good at laundry ... I know how to get stuff whiter without a whole heap of chemicals ... I know how to get most stains out ... and most weeks I stick ... just about ... to a laundry routine ...

But, as always, pride comes before a fall.

Having gone away for a long weekend straight after Friday swim class, I took the wet swim suits with us and totally, totally forgot about them ...

... until we got them home again and I opened the swimming bag to find all the swimming costumes covered in mildew!!

Yuk, yuk, yuk!

Really not wanting to fork out a small fortune for new swimming costumes, I was determined to find some way to save them.

Initially, being in a crazy hurry and having no time to research a solution, I just shoved some bio (enzyme based) laundry liquid on them and left it to soak in.

But even with some vigorous rubbing nothing was shifting.

After an evening's research, I decided to try soaking them in vinegar ... and yep, yet again trusty old vinegar did the job!

You simply soak the costumes in the vinegar and then rub pretty firmly with a laundry brush (or soft scrubbing brush). It does take some rubbing and if the mildew is really bad, you might need to do several soaks before it finally all rubs off.

Then just wash in bio (enzyme based) laundry liquid and you're done.

Nasty germy mildew gone, swimming costumes as good as new and a lot of money saved!

That's what I call a result :-)

If you're looking for more laundry and natural cleaning advice do check out the brilliant links from other bloggers at the bottom of this post ... and feel free to share your own ...


And you found this helpful do follow me on Pinterest ...






These posts were shared at Empty Your Archive - the link party for old posts ...


More Laundry Advice





More Natural Cleaning Tips

0 comments