Shopping-list ... housework

Unknown // Tuesday 3 July 2012


I know, I know ... this is an exceedingly dull list with which to start this blog but too much of motherhood is nothing to do with motherhood it's to do with domestic skivying.  And I spend a bit more time actually mothering if I spend less time in "oh my lord, world crisis" mode because we're out of loo paper or because none of the zillion spare light bulbs we have in the house actually fit any of the lights that need them.

The idea of this housework shopping list is that you can stick it on the back of a cupboard door and just tick things off when you notice that they're low.  You could also replace the notes column with the details of your preferred brand and you can then shove annotated list in hands of other half and send them off to the supermarket with some chance that they come back with what you actually want rather than something random that took their fancy.  Better still if you use an on-line supermarket with a mobile app create the list on-line and you then just waft around the house adding what you need off the list via your mobile .. personally I worship the Ocado app on my Blackberry!

Oh and BTW regarding the notes, I lay absolutely no claims to domestic goddess status - those peels of laughter you can hear in the background are my friends and family rolling about the floor at the mere thought of it - but I have found that some specific products do just save time because they do what they're meant to do quickly without elbow grease.

Was this list remotely helpful? Or teaching granny to suck eggs? What would you add.  Let me know.

************************ HOUSEWORK LINKY ***********************************
And if you've got any great posts on housework do add them to the linky below

0 comments