Friday Baby Shower #26

Unknown // Thursday 22 August 2013


Welcome to the Friday Baby Shower - the party for pregnancy & new baby blog posts.

I don't know about you but I found the first 3 months of being a mother incredibly hard.

The British winter was dismal and we struggled with breastfeeding and colic. I found the inevitable anxiety of being a new mum disturbing and couldn't really cope with the shock to my personality of not being able to just "get stuff done".

I was not actually depressed but like lots of new mums there were times when thing seemed very grey. Bombarded as we are with so many images of radiant new mums ... such as those this week of the Duchess of Cambridge ... I do think it is important to speak out about the baby blues in whatever shape they come.

So this week I am inviting you to link up all your posts about the times when motherhood was unbelievably hard and when you struggled with anxiety or full scale post natal depression.

As always you can also link up all your latest pregnancy and new baby posts.

Featured Faves 

There were loads of fab posts as always at last week's party ... a few of my faves were ...
  • Mum to Mom running a marathon with a 6 month baby ... wow!
  • Some great questions to ask your midwife from The Blossoming Bump ...
  • A hilarious guide to buying a stroller from  Eeh Bah Mum ...
  • My Sweet Moose preparing new moms for the body liquid fest that is motherhood ...


Mum to Mom running a marathon with a 6 month baby ...


Great questions to ask your midwife from The Blossoming Bump ...



A hilarious guide to buying a stroller from  Eeh Bah Mum



My Sweet Moose pre the body liquid fest that is motherhood


Thank you so much to everyone who shared ...

New Buttons

I've finally got a featured button for you, so if you've been featured in the past do grab the button ... and I took the opportunity to update the party button as well ... I would love it if you buttoned up ...




The Bump & Baby Twitter List


My list of bump & baby bloggers on Twitter is now up to 100. If you're not yet on the list and would like to be just follow me on Twitter and add your Twitter URL to the list below ... I will be blogging the list over the next few weeks so it's a great way to get new followers ...



Now let's get on with this week's party ...


Love



Friday Baby Shower


Baby Blues





If you've missed previous themes you can still link up at the Mommy Archive ...


Bump & Baby Blogger Twitter List

0 comments