Gifts for Moms

Unknown // Wednesday 20 November 2013


I completely love home made gifts at Christmas but confess I've also got a little list of luxury gifts that would make this mom very happy indeed ...

Now when I say luxury, I'm not talking diamonds or any such like ... just lovely things that would bring a hint of glamour to my daily life ...

And I think that's the secret when buying Christmas gifts for moms.

It's no good buying stuff however beautiful, that is just going to remain unworn and unused in the closet as a woeful reminder of what used to be.

Beautiful gifts like these. that we can enjoy in our every day lives will do much more to raise most moms' Christmas spirits ...

I hope you love these ideas as much as I do ... and if you're looking for more Christmas inspiration do check out the brilliant links from other bloggers at the bottom of this post ...


A Great Mom Bag ...


Every mom needs a great bag that can carry the 101 things that are your daily life without actually looking like it's stuffed full of diapers ... I love the Mia Tui range and have got the Ava on my wish list for this Christmas ... 





Fabulous Boots


The best advice I ever got as a mom was to get out early and get some fresh air. And if you and the kids are going to enjoy yourself outdoors every day, you need some fabulous boots like these lovely floral ones from Laura Ashley for splashing in muddy puddles ...





A Warm But Stylish Hat


And all that fresh air means I need a great hat like this one from  J Crew ...





An On the Go Video Camera


There are so many amazing ad hoc moments on the go that never get caught on camera but the Kodak PlayFull HD Video Camera is super light for carrying around in your bag ...





Great Flats


I love, love, love my heels ... but realistically if I wear them once a month I am lucky ... I need great flats and I am adoring these super shiny red ballet pumps from  LK Bennett ...




A Super Light Lap Top


I need a weigh-nothing, stylish, lap top that I can shove in my bag ... a Mac Air Book would be lovely but for half the price there's this lovely little Acer which weights just 3 pounds!





Brilliant Short Novels


How many books did I actually finish this year? ... erm ... I would rather not say :-o

The way forward is brilliant short novels like Scott Fitzgerald's Diamond as Big as the Ritz, Henry James' Washington Square and Edith Wharton's Summer ... surely even I can manage 100 pages ...





Cooking Classes


Online Cake Decorating Class

Craftsy.com has brilliant on-line cooking classes by expert instructors on everything from icing cakes and making bread to perfect French food and have gift cards available that can be used against any class.




Lovely Cheapish Earrings


Maybe it's just me ... but I am forever losing one of a pair of earrings so anything too fancy is absolutely out of the question and a lovely pair that don't cost the earth would be very gratefully received ...

These Not On the High Street earrings would be perfect ...





Scooter


If your kids have got scooters ... and if they haven't get them one! ... your only possible chance of keeping up is getting your own like this adult 3 wheeler from Micro Kickboard ... perfect for whizzing around the park, to the shops and the school run ...





A Nice Bra That Actually Fits 


As none of my pre-baby bras come anywhere near to fitting I need to seriously replenish my lingerie collection ... Bravissimo has gorgeous under wear in all sorts of strange post-baby sizes ...

 




A Mason Pearson Brush


My goodness these Mason Pearson brushes are expensive but supposedly they will tame my completely fly away hair ... and boy it needs taming ...





Pyjamas With a Bit of Extra Support


For those days when we are still in our pyjamas at brunch time I need some pyjamas with a bit of extra support up top like these, which again come from Bravissimo...





A New Cook Book


I know, I know how many cook books does a girl need ... and particularly when there's so much good stuff on-line but cook books aren't just about the recipes. The best books are a chance to slow down and escape from the daily grind. 

I've got my eye on Nigel Slater's latest Notes from the Larder ...   





Stretch Mark Oil That Works


Unless your Kate Middleton or Kim Kardashian your almost certainly still need some great stretch mark oil like this from Mama Mio ...





A Gorgeous Robe



Even on the grimmest mornings, you'd have to feel stylish in this robe from Not On the High Street ...




Original image source ...

If you enjoyed this post do follow me on Pinterest ...




More Christmas Ideas ...


0 comments