Awesome Australian Mommy Bloggers

Unknown // Monday 27 May 2013


Since I started blogging I've been overwhelmed by the sheer number of completely fabulous mommy bloggers.


Plus I love how international the community is.


Every week I head down under for two of my favourite link parties - Thriving on Thursday and Say G'Day Saturday - but I have to confess I am new to Aussie bloggers.


So I asked Anne @ Domesblissity to introduce the rest of us to a few of her fave fellow Australians.


Do check out Anne's selection and do add your favourite Aussie bloggers to the list of Awesome Aussie Mommy Bloggers at the bottom of this post ... and then head on down under and say G'day ...



Introducing the Aussies

When I was asked by Alice of Mums Make Lists for a list of brilliant Aussie bloggers, I was quick to say yes. 

As I've given it a bit of thought, I'm going to find it really hard to just narrow it down to just 10 or 15. 

Blogging has really taken off here in Australia. Lots of Mummy bloggers, heaps of gorgeous foodie bloggers and creative/crafty bloggers. There's people like me who blog a bit about food, a bit about craft, a bit about organising and a bit about trying to save a buck. 


Us Aussies are really starting to get a good name out there in the blogosphere. I'm going to just pick the ones who I've been following for years. Blogs I just have to check each day. 

My Vintage Childhood

A blog about all things vintage and the most gorgeous vintage finds. Trudie - at My Vintage Childhood - is one of the nicest people online and in person and she's just started out selling vintage 'mums and bubs' clothes in stores, markets and online. If anyone deserves every success in the world, its Trudie. 


3pickles

You know those people who have blogs with absolutely gorgeous photos that you just swoon over? Well, that's Marnie's blog, 3 Pickles. You can't help be envious but you can't help but love her warmth and honesty that comes across on her blog. Besides being a fabulous cook, she's been renovating her home (and it's amazing), she's a makeup artist (like a real Hollywood movie type makeup artist) and does makeup for weddings etc in and around Melbourne as well as giving heaps of great makeup tips and vlogs. She tests out a lot of hair and beauty products so I'm in the know all the time.



Sew Delicious

You stumble across a blog and say "wow, what a creative person and they're Aussie? Wow!" That's how I felt when I first stumbled across Ros's blog at Sew Delicious  I had the opportunity to meet Ros in person, twice now, and how lucky am I? She's just as delightful in person as she is online. (My kind of blogger.) Oh, and did I mention how creative and crafty she is? She's just taken to quilting (like a duck to water) and has the most gorgeous taste in fabric combinations. She's also a great wife, mother, cook and nice gal. Her little girls are so cute and I'm so lucky to call her my friend. 


Desire Empire












Don't be put off by the uber style of the Desire Empire blog header, even though it is very stylish. I can personally vouch for the creator of this blog, because besides knowing her online for a while now, I had the good fortune to meet Carolyn in person last week and she's just as classy and stylish as her blog. Carolyn shares style tips for around the home, refurbishing roadside, vintage finds and the most gorgeous recipes and styled food. Carolyn lives on the north shore of Sydney and shares some gorgeous photos and places to see in and around where she lives. She's got such an eye for style and is happy to share it with her readers.  



Country Life Experiment

As Jo - at Country Life Experiment - describes in her blog header, she's just a 'city wife trying the country life'. Jo is a part time school teacher with three lovely children who made the tree change with her farmer husband. She's taken to country life like a duck to water and shares beautiful images in and around their farm as well as the most gorgeous simple crafts, frugal and delicious recipes with seasonal produce as well as telling us all about her life's journey in this beautiful part of Australia. 



Cass Can Sew

Here's another blogger that I've had the good fortune of meeting in person, this time in my neck of the woods. Cass writes a sewing blog - Cass Can Sew - and uses mostly gorgeous vintage fabrics or repurposes other items of clothing or fabric to refashion it into the most beautiful clothes for her children or herself. Her excellent use of fabric and vision in creating these items is just amazing. Cass is expecting her third child, another girl. 



Look no further if you're looking for easy, frugal, fast, family-friendly recipes and meal ideas. Amanda at Cooking for Busy Mums has got them all here in one spot. All have been cooked and tested by her and taste 'tested' by her husband and two gorgeous boys. I've also met Amanda in person and she's just as lovely in real life as she is on her blog. Doesn't matter what you're looking for, Amanda is sure to have a recipe for it on her blog. 



Twinkle In The Eye

You know when you're following a blog, you're doing it because you really like the person. You like how they like the same things as you, think the same about things as you do and like to cook the same as you. Bree from Twinkle in the Eye is like that. She has the cutest little boy and seems to juggle motherhood and a career with ease. Besides, she's a pretty dab hand at cooking, in particular jam making, and sent me the most beautiful jar of plum jam in the post. I'll truly be indebted to her but she better stop blogging about every time she makes jam because there will be an expectation of me taste testing it for her. 





Ever wanted to bake like a pro? Would like to know how to bake fault free and effortlessly? Come and meet Di. I've known her for a while and she's another I haven't met in person but am dying to. Di is of European heritage and a similar upbringing to me but she is a champion baker, literally. Recently Di joined the Australian Country Women's Association (CWA) and has been studying how to be a judge as well as being an active member at her local CWA Branch. Di has won first prize a couple of times in the bake offs. Once for her chocolate cake and another for her Cardamon biscuits. You'll find the most amazing baking recipes on Di's blog plus easy to follow instructions and hints along the way.
Life is Di-licious



Do you love to open up a magazine, find a great recipe, read a great story about it and swoon over the photos? Well, that's Amanda's blog, Cooker and a Looker. She says, at her wedding, her husband joked that as a young boy his footy coach had told him “You can either get a cooker or a looker, you can’t have both”. Five years and two daughters later, she started this blog to prove that she can both cook and look..... after their gorgeous two girls. But I can attest that she's a bit of a looker as well as a damn fine cooker. A woman after my own heart, she loves to cook and bake from scratch and loves the simple, old fashioned recipes I do. I've met Amanda in person and another genuine and down to earth person.  Cooker and a Looker


And last but not least, a blog that I've been dying to get restarted again and that's from my best foodie friend in Tasmania, My Farm, My Table. Claire and I have known each other for a few years now and met online in a savings forum talking about none other than food. You couldn't meet two people who are so alike, as far as food is concerned. We're both cook from scratch girls, love to bake, use seasonal produce and couldn't be more further apart in the country if you tried. Her south and me north. We have only met each once in about 5 years (?) but keep in touch regularly. Claire is living MY dream but I don't have to do all the hard work. She does. Originally a city girl from Perth, her and her husband and two boys gave up the city life in Hobart, Tasmania for a rural property farming pigs, sheep, chickens and who knows what else is to come. She has a huge vegie patch with out of the ordinary vegies but ones that grow well in her region as well as a soon be be flourishing orchard. She has stirred a lot of interest in Tasmanian chefs for her speciality pork and vegetables. She's just started her blog up again and you'll enjoy what goes on in her neck of the woods.

Anne blogs on food, family, fun and frugality at Domesblissity.



Awesome Australian Bloggers



For more amazing bloggers check out these other directories and the Mommy Archive.



If you would like to guest edit a blog directory in a niche you know well do get in touch.

This post has been shared at ... Sugar Bee Crafts,  Home Stories A to Z,  The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Joyful Homemaking,  Serenity NowThe Gunny SackCrystal and CoGinger Snap Crafts, Trendy Tree HouseDomesblissityLadybird LnNot Just a HousewifeClever ChicksBe Different Act NormalSumos Sweet StuffKeeping It SimpleLines AcrossGet Your Crafts OnA Bowlful of LemonsClean and Scentsible,  Delightful OrderWe Are That FamilyBy Stephanie LynnWhipperberry,  More the Merrier Monday,  I Should Be Mopping the Floor,  Carolyn's HomeworkShabby Creek Cottage36th AvenueSix Sisters Stuff52 MantelsMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaElizabeth and CoWhatever GoesFinding FabulousThe Thrifty HomeSkip to My LouFive Little ChefsFluster MusterCreative PrincessDIY Crafty ProjectsThe DIY'ersNaturally Living MammaTumbleweed Contessa,Give Me the GoodsMartha Mondays

0 comments