Squirreled away ... my old books ...

Unknown // Saturday 24 November 2012

My mum and dad have been slowly rescuing my old toys and books from the squirrel family who have invaded their attic.  Luckily for me my parents are both - despite my mum's claims to the contrary - complete squirrels themselves who can't bear to throw anything out.

This weekend littl'un has been totally engrossed by my sister's old dolls house and farm unbothered by their rather battered state.

I've been rediscovering some of my favourite old books.  It's a bit of a random selection and yee gods they certainly age me!

In different ways at different times they all gave such delight but I think Quentin Blake's Patrickand the Cow Who Fell in the Canal were my most favourite as a very young child.  It was very special introducing littl'un to Hendrika the cow this morning and passing on my memories.

There's a lot to be said for squirrels!

0 comments